Monday, January 16, 2006

Gadgets

Circuit City Union Square, Sunday January 15th, 3.00 pm

"Can I help you, ma'am?"
"Yes please, I have a few questions about this radio-clock here (if that's even what you call it, heh heh)".
"Sure, what can I help you with today?"
"Well, I've never had a radio clock before, and I was wondering - can you just use the alarm without the radio?"
"Of course. You see this button here labelled 'Alarm'? You have to use that..."
"Great! And what about the radio - can you listen to that even if you don't actually set the alarm?"
"Of course. You see this button here labelled 'Radio'? You have to use that..."
"Great! Thanks. And I have one more question about the CD Player-"

Exasperated sigh.
"Yes you can use that too. Same as the alarm and the radio."
"Right. Thanks. I'll be buying that then."

Of course that wasn't me. It was, you know, a random conversation I overheard.

Coincidentally.

On the day I bought my radio clock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have titled the post Circuit City circa 3 pm b/c then we would have had Circa and Circuit. Heehee.
Just kidding.
Caveboy.

Ficali McDelta (nee McPipe) said...

heh heh pretty witty

- FMP