Thursday, December 02, 2010

It's time

After two months of silence and restraint, it's time to break out the blog again.

It's time to interlock my fingers (aka typing weapons) and give them a good stretch; it's time to shake the cobwebs from my literary mind.

"Why da two months of silence, yo", I hear you ask. If truth be told, the answer is neither riveting nor in the least amusing. It's just work, plain and simple. As an HR bod, the end-of year processes are to me what February must be to an accountant. To put it plainly, it sucks. To put it more articulately, it's a moratorium on life.

And so, now, we find ourselves at the end of the year, with a bit of time on our hands and a fair share of making up to do. Don't worry - I won't talk about all those hours of work.

Having shaken off the last chains of my occupational bondage, Delta and I are about to head out for a three week hiking vacation in Patagonia, where we'll test our mettle against the elements. Finally, with exciting times facing us ahead, there' something to blog about again. It's time.

No comments: