Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My taste of stardom

This morning as I was walking in to work, I passed a site which was cordoned off for a movie filming. Instantly intrigued, I paused and joined the small crowd of meerkat neck-craners to try and get a view of any celebrities that might be around. Not that I'd recognise them if I saw them. But, you know. It's all quite exciting.

There were a couple of people standing around next to me in the costumes of striking construction workers. They were dressed in full contruction gear and were wearing full-size sandwich boards proclaiming a long list of reasons behind the strike. I decided they were my foot in the door to stardom.

"So.... whats the movie about?" I entered into conversation nonchalantly with the chap closer to me.
"Dunno," he shrugged.
"You don't know what the movie's about?!"
He shook his head.
"You don't even know what you're supposed to be striking about?! That's ridiculous. How would you be expected to be convincing if you don't even know the context behind it all?!"

They both turned to me indignantly.

Turns out they weren't part of the movie at all, they were real strikers, and the moviemakers had gone and plonked themselves in the middle of the strike.

Who woulda' thunk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heehee!