Thursday, May 04, 2006

Nosh

What IS it with Americans and their amusement of the word 'porridge'?! Apparently, oatmeal is a perfectly acceptable breakfast, but porridge is reserved for Goldilocks and the three bears. Even though, as everyone concedes, they are one an the same thing.

Mentioned to Delta this morning that I'd be grabbing a spot of porridge for brekkie, and he couldn't stop sniggering, snickering, smirking or smiling. Bah. Boys.

Well, I suppose one MUST get one's kicks from somewhere.

Speaking of food, Doobie's been specially requesting me to cook up my individually concocted recipe of 'kitchen-sink dal' for over a month now, so I decided to indulge her and offered to make it this evening. Managed to persuade Delta to come along as well, although I doubt he knows what he's letting himself in for.

Ps - I just learnt the new term 'nosh' (ie a snack, if you aren't familiar with it either). Hadn't heard it before, and am dead excited to slip it into casual conversation, but as luck would have it nobody around me is eating other than myself. Wouldn't ya know it.

3 comments:

Inihtar said...

Kitchen-sink dhal?!?! Sounds decidedly questionable to me!!

Ficali McDelta (nee McPipe) said...

It IS a bit dubious, if truth be told :)
~FMP

Inihtar said...

Maybe I should try it!! :P