Friday, July 07, 2006

Choosing a new laptop

"Metrohom, can you help me choose a new laptop please?"
He looked at me. "Sure, tell me some of the specs you're looking for."
"Eh?"
Sigh. "You know, like size and weight and speed and memory and stuff like that."
"Oh that. Why didn't you just say so."
He rolled his eyes.

"Okay, size?"
"I definitely want a small one."
"Like super small? Like do you have a tiny desk you keep it on?"
"Well, actually I leave it on our dining room table."
"The dining room table! So space isn't really an issue? So you don't really need a very small one then...?"
"No, I guess not."

"Okay, weight?"
"Definitely a light one."
"Like super light? Are you going to travel a lot with it?"
"No not really. I mean, I'll move it from the dining room table to the bedroom sometimes, but that's about it..."
"Right. So I wouldn't really call weight a big issue then, would you?"
"No I guess not, not really."
Sigh.

"So is there anything about the specifications that you are particular about?!"
"Well, to be honest I just want something that's pretty fancy. And fast. And slick. You know. Hehe."
An exaggerated sigh. "You just have no clue what you want, do you?"

What's the point of having a tech guy help you out if you just can't speak the same language.

No comments: