Sunday, July 09, 2006

Home decor

What with Delta moving into his new apartment, I obviously offered to do my bit to help.
"Well it would be great if you could use your lady's touch and give me advice on decor," he said. Which at once put me in a state of panic. Suddenly I felt like my womanhood was being put to test.
"Jeet! Help!" I called her. "I don't have an artistic bone in my body."
"Why are you asking me for help of all people?!" she questionned.
"Because you've done such a great job with your apartment!"
"Oh dear. You really don't have a sense of taste do you."

That's how dire the situation was.

So this afternoon we schlepped over to the nearby Bed, Bath and Beyond. And seriously - is it strictly necessary to have 8000 different types of towels, sheets and curtains? In every shade of colour conceivable, in every thread count conceivable, with stripes, without stripes, in damask pattern, non-absorbent, slightly absorbent... it had our heads spinning. When we finally got to the towel section, we stood in silent awe, gazing at the walls lined with different types of towels. I picked one that I thought was a nice shade. "What about this?" I held it up to him.
"Nice colour, but its too cheap at $14, it won't be absorbent."
"But the only other towels cost $16," I pointed out.
"Let's get those then, hopefully they'll be better."

The only thing we were decisive about - a nice set of blinds, they did not have in stock. Go figure.

No comments: