Thursday, January 18, 2007

Mortified

Absolutely mortified.

Bobbis, Ilajna, Delta and I were supposed to have dinner together this Saturday. Then Jeet dropped me an email:

Time: 5.00 pm
From: Jeet
To: Ficali
Subject: Birthday Karaoke and Dinner
__________________________

Are you free on Saturday January 27th to have a karaoke/dinner do? - Jeet

And of course - it was Jeet's birthday do! How could I NOT go?! So I wrote to Ilajna and Bobbis:

Time: 5.02pm
From: Ficali
To: Ilajna, Bobbis
Subject: Dinner this Saturday
_____________________

Sorry guys, it's Jeet's birthday bash on Saturday, so Delta and I might have to cancel on our dinner. Sorry! - FmP

And then I read Jeet's email again (with care this time), and realised that she was talking about Saturday the 27th, not THIS saturday. So I wrote to Ilajna and Bobbis again:

Time: 5.05pm
From: Ficali
To: Ilajna, Bobbis
Subject: FW: Dinner this Saturday
_____________________

Never mind, igore my previous email! Read the date wrong on Jeet's wedding invite, it is on the following Saturday! So Delta and I are back on for dinner! - FmP


And then, just as I saw the email minimize from my screen into cyber oblivion, I realised what I'd written with horror.

Time: 5.06pm
From: Ficali
To: Ilajna, Bobbis
Subject: FW: Dinner this Saturday
_____________________

Eeks!! I meant birthday invite! Not wedding! This is the last email from me.

And I got this back from Ilajna:

Time: 5.08pm
From: Ilajna
To: Ficali
Subject: RE: Dinner this Saturday
_____________________

This reminds me of the suitcase incident you and Delta had outside the UN. With a briefcase and a statue.
1. Face difficult situation
2. Have discussion to come to a solution
3. Realize your mistake
4. Feel silly. :)


Hilarious. Frickin' hilarious.

No comments: