Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A year gone by

Sunday marked the end of Ilajna's birthweek. Now, one might construe from 'birthweek' that she, as a child, caused a week of painful labour before bursting forth triumphantly. Nope, its just that preparations, celebrations, inebriations and reparations continued for seven days (just like the start of the world, what do you know).

Which suddenly brought home to me how quickly the year had slipped by, since Ilajna's last birthday. Last year, Doobie and I had bought Death-By-Chocolate-Ilajna a cakebook, apron, oven mitts, the works. Everything to encourage her to practice her baking on us helpless guinea pigs. I mean, we even bookmarked pages in the cakebook with the cake(s) we particularly preferred - how much easier can one make someone's life?!

Sigh. You can lead a horse to the water but you can't force it to drink. A year has gone by, and we're still waiting on the first cake. THAT's how quickly this year has gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My helpless guinea pigs, I have not forgotten the cake(s), I swear!! They're coming (but best you don't hold your breath ;) )