Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Weirdos

Sometimes, people do the freakiest of things.

The other day, I was speaking to Ilajna as she got all dressed up for an ex-boyfriend's birthday party.
"Are you nervous?" I asked.
"No, of course not!"
"Will it be awkward? I mean, he's an ex."
"Nah, I have a bunch of friends who'll be there, so I'll be fine."
"Do you think he's gotten over it all? You know how he can be weird about some things." Break-ups just have an unavoidable twang of awkwardness to them, don't they?
"I hope so." she said uncertainly.
I wasn't convinced. I couldn't remember it as being a particularly smooth parting of ways.

So I quizzed her again when I saw her the day after. "So, how was it?! What was it like to see him again?"
"Weird."
"What do you mean?!"
"He kept spitting on me."
"What?!!!!" I wasn't sure I'd heard correctly.
"Seriously. Every time he took a sip of his drink, I swear he subtlely spat it out on me."
My eyes almost popped out of my head. No one, I mean no one, does that!
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, I kept changing position and he'd still do it. Isn't that weird? Finally I just avoided being close to him."
"What a weirdo."
"No kidding."

No comments: