Friday, December 19, 2008

Back on track

It's hard to write that first blog, after you've had a break for a while. It's like being the first one to break that awkward silence on a dinner date. No matter what you say, it sounds trite and irrelevant.

So having couched myself in trite irrelevance, let me plod on.

Over the past four weeks, I've been otherwise preoccupied with all of life's banalities which typically preoccupy the average bod. Work (and lots of it!), visits, dinners, friends and family. And a fair share of muddling through sloshes of snow, a skill which I somehow find I need to re-learn each time winter comes around. As though my body is on it's own personal strike against these wintry climes.

And, I have to broadcast with considerable pride, I've taken to going to the gym again. Each Tuesday and Thursday evening, I'm back to enjoying my biking routine, until that little screen tells me I've burnt 200 calories. That's exactly the time when Blitzer leaves and Lou Dobbs comes on the telly, and I have to hastily shut off the screen and jump off the bike so I don't have to listen. You wouldn't think it, but Lou Dobbs actually controls my gym routine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You only burn 200 calories? Tsk. You can do much better than that!