Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sorry, dear friend

"Hey, look," Delta pointed out the other day. "Someone's commented on your blog."
I peered over in curiosity. No one, but no one, comments on my blog. It's my little monologue into cyber-space. Me thinking about me, me writing about me. For no reason at all that I could fathom, except that I quite enjoy writing, and if I didn't have myself to write about, I'd be stumped at a loss for topics.

So you can imagine, I was a bit surprised to find a question posted on my blog.
"Do you twitter?" someone asked.

And I'd hate to disappoint my one lone commenter, but I don't twitter. I don't, I can't, I couldn't fathom being a-twitterized. My thoughts simply cannot synthesize themselves into little nugget-sized phrases. It doesn't sit well with me to to spell "great" as "gr8", or "later" as "l8r". It creates some queasiness in the cockles to drop all the conjunctions and prepositions. Come to think of it, even if I could wrap my head around those insurmountable challenges, the sad truth is, I have to concede, I don't actually have new thoughts often enough to uphold the mantle of a Tweetmeister.

In short, sorry, dear friend, but I have no twoots to tweet, no twots to twit.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't comment on your blog for fear of interrupting (the whole Schrödinger's cat / Observer effect thing) your thoroughly enjoyable adventures (or rather, just experiences; an adventurous experiencing of the mundane and extraordinary alike, even). But now that you've brought it up...
There are those of us who tune in to your monologue from our saturnine orbits. We enjoy your writing too! Don't let it get to your head, and if "no one, but no one, comments on my blog" is meant in the dirty harry sense, I think (hope) you can delete selected comments manually...

And queasy cockles indeed: Don't tweet!

Verenda Harrt said...

I called my new blog theremainingsofme.blogspot.com go there. Just trying to get you updated; And also I told everyone I know about your blog.

Anonymous said...

This blog sucks!!!!!!!! wht the hell is rong with the ppl who like this blog.????? r u blind its a friggin seahorse. u better not erase this cause lots of ppl HATE it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Yeah, probably best to ignore the comments altogether, then.

Verenda Harrt said...

Yeah that's probably the best thing to do.

Anonymous said...

I loved this post. It was very well written.

Anonymous said...

of course not! this whole blog sucks! Whats rong with u!