Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Starting a new decade

Today, we wish goodbye to not only a year, but also the decade. And a pretty crappy decade too, as decades go. Frankly - (and I guess I may be frank, it is my blog after all) - good riddance, I say. Stinky, crappy, lousy decade, get otta here already.

I wonder if people said that when the clock turned to 1920, after the first world war. Or 1930, after the wall street crash. Or 1940, after the great depression. Or 1950, after the second world war. I guess decades just don't come in shades of good.

I was feeling pretty glum as I started to write this blog (incase you missed that), but even as I continued, the snow started blustering down all over the city, blanketing my micro-world in a pristine white. So peaceful. So quiet. So scintillatingly beautiful. Just when everything seemed so pointeless, something so small can tug at your heartstrings and make you just happy to be right here, right now (even if the rest of the decade was shitty), and fill you with love for life anew.

And we must fight for hope, and change we can believe in, (so says that guy who's on tv all the time). So here's wishing for a much better bunch of years coming up (or, if the Mayans were right, then at least a much better remaining two years coming up).

And, of course, wishing you all the happiest new year.

No comments: