Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My shoe army

Over the past week, my shoe collection has taken on a life of it's own. Four times last week, it marched me (under duress) to the shoe stores and procured new members.

Honestly, I have no responsibility in this.

I woke up the other day and realised much to my chagrin that my shoe collection has now outgrown it's original hiding spot, under my bed. Members of my shoe army now align to every wall space available in my room, and stuff themselves under my bookshelf, and have even launched an invasion of my clothes closet.

As a matter of emergency control, I brought some of the overfill to my office, and have started storing them under my desk. (This has also had the unintended consequence of upgrading my general attire at work from sneakers to boots).

I was telling Delta yesterday about how I had been victimised by my burgeoning shoe collection. I hadn't been intending it, but he picked up on the plot right away.
"Well," he sighed, "I suppose you could store some in my apartment too."

Phew, thank gawd for boyfriends that get it.

No comments: