Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Turkey Day

This morning, as I brushed an icycle off the tip of my nose, I rather disappointedly resigned myself to the realisation that winter is actually here.

Still, what that really means, I suppose, is that Thanksgiving is already upon us. This year marks the first time that Mike and I are hosting Thanksigiving at ours (well, come to think of it, it's the first year we have an 'ours' to host at). So we called the gang, and then we couldn't have anyone left out, so we called other friends who didn't have alternative plans, and all of a sudden, we were too many to cook for.

"Delta, what in the world are we going to do?! I can't cook for ten people! I don't even think I've ever made mashed potatoes before!"

Delta looked at me for a moment. "Let's just get it all on Fresh Direct".

And so it comes to be that the first Thanksgiving we are hosting, we are actually ordering the meal pre-cooked and pre-delivered from our online supermarket. Even (especially) the potatoes.

Welcome to the twenty first century.

No comments: