Tuesday, November 18, 2008

When you know you're on to a lucky day

This morning I jumped out of bed with the fright of my life. Heart thumping in my ears and the works. Looked at the clock, and it was 8.30. Eight-thirty-frickin'-o'clock!!
"OMG f*&%ing shite!!" I shouted.
Poor Delta, soundly asleep next to me, rocketed out of the bed with a personal heart attack of his own.
"What happened?" he asked, once he'd surveyed the place rapidly and elimimated fire/earthquake/intuders, and had caught his breath a little.
"I guess I slept through my alarm. Go back to sleep," I told him soothingly. As if anyone can go back to sleep after being awakened like that.


Then I looked at my alarm and realised I hadn't overslept it. In fact, I'd entirely forgotten to set it the night before. How inconvenient. Especially seeing as I was supposed to have a 9am meeting this morning. There was no way I could make it to work by 9.


No time to think no time to think. Just pull on my jeans with one hand while brushing my teeth with the other and then quickly feed the cat while pulling on my socks and. Crap. There was just no way I was going to make it in on time.


So I logged into my email with all the noble intention in the world of confessing my over-sleep, and grovelling for a reschedule. Pulled up my inbox, and what's the top email there? An email from the person I was supposed to meet that morning.

Sorry, personal emergency, need to reschedule.


I couldn't believe my luck. Guess he had overslept too, if you ask me. Moot point anyway. So I put on my most magnaminous tone, and responded that of course I understood and would be willing to reschedule. But of course. Because that's just the kind of forgiving person I am.

No comments: