Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Games for a rainy day

This weekend, being as the rain was coming down with aplomb and showing no signs of relenting, we had to concoct new and innovative indoor activities for ourselves. So I sent out an email to the gang.
Anyone fancy going bowling?
Lahsiv, as always, was the first to answer, lout that he is. I'm almost convinced he does no work.
I'll be there. And I'll be laughing at your score, hahaha.
What! That's it. He'd thrown the gauntlet down. There was nought to be done but to rise to the challenge and (try to) put him in his place.

And so we all found ourselves at Bowlmor on that inclement Saturday evening.
Delta, who had up until that point claimed that he'd never gone bowling before, suddenly started hurling the ball down the lane with perfect form and posture. So I assume he must have been lying.

The group all claimed I had a funny dance-like shuffle in my run-up to the lane. I assume they were all collusively lying.

After Ilajna had her second beer, she bowled about 10 gutter balls in a row. Infact with the last couple, I believe she might have even rolled them directly down the gutter right from the start. I'm not lying.

Nevertheless, fun and games aside, it must be conceded that Lahsiv did kick some butt in the first game. And I might have lost all my pride to him on that one evening, except by some odd miracle I managed to pull one from under him in the second game, and eked a squeak of a victory. Mostly because right at the end, at his moment of grand finale, he bowled a couple of gutters and my score scuttled past his by a hair.

The best kind of victories, I say. The gratuitous kind where they fall in your lap through no effort or credit of your own.

No comments: