Saturday, June 12, 2010

The World Cup positiveness

I love the World Cup. I love the idea of an event that brings the world together in a microcosm of positive, healty competitiveness. Just like the Olympics.

But other than admiring the overarching notion of grandeur it entails, I find the actual act of taking a more participative role in the World Cup rather tedious. Because let's face it, soccer is just a little bit boring to watch. The most redeeming feature by far is how each player has four shadows, which makes for a some quite distractingly pleasing on-screen graphics.

But I'll be darned if I can tolerate those freakin' trumpets for more than a few minutes before it drives me batty.

Nope. It took about five minutes of watching the US-UK game to get over my feeling of worldly goodwill, and urge Delta to change the channel back. It's true beauty lies in admiring from afar.

No comments: