Monday, December 19, 2005

Up for adoption

I'm acutely conscious of, and thankful for, for the life I have. Not because I particularly have a lot, but because, even with whatever little I have, I'm lucky enough to be genuinely content. Without doing anything particularly deserving on my part, I've somehow landed myself a job I enjoy immensely, friends I love to bits, and even the weekend chores don't get me down (knock on wood, knock on wood).

Yep, safe to say, occasional bouts of nostalgia notwithstanding, I love my life in New York. I revel in the independence and freedom and sheer joie de vivre.

But even then, there are inevitably some days, just some days, when I need a holiday from my own life. When I don't want independent free-spiritedness. When all I want is to be taken care of like a child. Some days, all I want is to crawl home to be mollycuddled and fed a hot meal and tucked into bed feeling warm and safe and secure.

Some days, I'm up for adoption.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh Oh, and I've always wanted to adopt too!!! Funnest! I'd adopt you in a jiffy if I could. Anyday.

Some days are just like that!
Big hug and lots of love,
Stay Warm,
the bart.

Anonymous said...

OH please come visit me in Queens on those days! I will definitely cook you desi food and babysit you. Promise.

Ficali McDelta (nee McPipe) said...

Awww, you guys are the bestest. Now I feel so much better :)