Friday, June 02, 2006

The games people play

This morning, for no rhyme or reason, I remembered an incident from a couple of years ago:

Trring, trring.

"Hello?"
"Macklaine? What's the number of British Rail, to make ticket reservations?"
"01457 662 4201"
"Great. Thanks!"

Trring, trring.

"Hello?"
"Hi, I'm calling to make train reservations please."
"Eh?"
"One ticket, London Paddington to Stonehouse, June 23rd, 6.30 pm Great Western Express. Do you have anything available?"
"Eh?!!"
"Ermm....."
"Ficali? Is that you??!" Incredulous voice on the phone.

Oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd.

"Erm. Macklaine's Dad?"

"Hi! How are you?! Good to hear from you again! And why are you calling me about train tickets?!"
"Oh never mind, I'm just confused. Good to speak to you too!"
"But why are you calling about train tickets?!"
....

Trring, trring.

"Hello?"
"Macklaine, you arse. Did you just give me your Dad's number and say it was for British Rail?!"
"Heh heh, heh heh."
"Gawd how juvenile."
"Hehehe heehee ha ha HA HA HA HAHAHA!!!"

Oh no how am I ever going to live this one down.

No comments: