Thursday, June 29, 2006

Secret pleasures

The Finance Manager stormed into my office this morning. Slammed the door shut behind him with a resonating wham.

I looked up questionningly. Calmly. (That's what I do as an HR bod, sit there like a sedate sloth).

"I can't believe these people!" he raged.
I raised my eyebrows.
"We've got to quit offering free food in our kitchen. The staff here eat so much! We're burning through thousands of dollars in free food every week!"
"It's ridiculous," I said. "The amount people are willing to eat, just cos it's free." I shook my head incredulously.

"I knew you'd understand." Done with his rant, he gave me a curt nod and stormed back out and away.

I poked my head around the corner. Made sure that he had gone safely back to his desk. And snuck to the kitchen to grab another packet of dried fruit and nuts.

Heh heh heh.

No comments: