Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Instant rewards

I was running out of things to procrastinate with at work. I'd already checked my personal email addresses for the tenth time (no new emails as usual), my facebook account (no new messages), read through CNN (the country is still at war), I was really running out of things to do.

Carmen popped her head into my office. "There's some spare cookies going, if you want," she announced.
"Nah, I'm not really hungry at the moment."
"Suit yourself honey, but just so you know, they might be gone by the time you're hungry."
That caused an instant surge of panic. "Okay I'm coming!" and I ran into the kitchen and ate a cookie. Even though I wasn't hungry. THAT is how bored I was.

And heaven forbid, I couldn't work!

So I though, might as well check what my credit card rewards program is like. It took me half an hour to log into the site. If you're ever looking to kill an ineffective half an hour, I highly recommend calling your bank's rewards program hotline. Anyways, so I got it sorted in the end (the operator was really nice and cracked a couple of jokes, which immediately redeemed my experience).

And then I logged in to see what this Mastercard rewards program was all about.

And ended up spending hours rubbing my hands in gleeful anticipation of all the presents I can get myself.

A toaster with an inbuilt egg-poacher; a day white water rafting; a whole set of MTV Power Yoga DVDs; a pair of battery-free flashlights

Now I can't WAIT to go out and spend more money so I can earn more points!!

No comments: