Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Day Before

Tomorrow, Delta and I promise ourselves to each other for ever.

Just like any other day, we'll wake up in the morning and bumble around and scratch our heads over whether to have blueberries on the cereal or not.

And then, we'll head down to City Hall with our erstwhile allies Gus and Doobie, and hold hands before Gawd and Law and Mankind (and minister and Gus and Doobie) and say "I do".

Which means, today is my last day as a single woman. What in the world should I do with my time?! I've already gone for a manicure-pedicure session, kissed Queen Jaffa to the point that she has taken to ignoring me, and eaten my lunch. I've already done my laundry and put anything wrinkled into an ironing pile to be ignored for the rest of the year. Nothing earth-shattering, as you can see. Nothing quite remarkworthy for one's last day as anything.

But ooh, the pressure!

No comments: