Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Queen Jaffa animal confusion

Everyday, I am increasingly enamoured by Queen Jaffa. But perhaps more importantly, between the way she follows us around the apartment and her constant need for attention, I'm still perplexing myself over whether she's a dog or a cat.


She falls more on the feline side of the taxonomy, I suppose, particularly when she feels the undying urge to sharpen her claws on the couch. But then, just when she has me convinced about her general cat-ness, she pulls an odd move like sleeping on her back with all four limbs in the air - which make me wonder if she isn't perhaps human (Delta claims I sleep like that, although I refuse to believe it of course - if you aren't awake to see it, then it isn't true).

Needless to say, whichever animal Queen Jaffa chooses to be on any given day, she certainly has the whole house wrapped around her whim and fancy. At least, I hope it is the whole house. It better not be only me, who falls for the puppy eyes, feline miaow, the cow-like lumbering and the sloth-like perpetual somnia.


No comments: