Thursday, July 03, 2008

Queen boss in the house

I was rudely awakened this morning with a nudge to my face. I awoke to the sight of Kitty McDelta's face pressed right up against mine, staring straight into my eyes.

"Aaah!" I shouted, and leaned back in a moment of panic (before I realised it was just Kitty McDelta).
"Maow!" She squawked back at me, and prodded my nose again with her paw.
I could have sworn, if she wasn't a cat, that was the human equivalent of a punch in the nose.

"Morning, Kitty" I mumbled, rubbing my nose sleepily.
"Maow!" she squawked again, gesturing towards her food bowl.

It was breakfast time, and she wasn't having any of this 'sleeping-in' rubbish.

As I hauled myself out of bed and headed over to the food cabinet, she was instantly her old self again, purring and rubbing herself affectionately against my calves. Don't get me wrong. I didn't forget for a moment that had I changed my mind and gone back to bed, I would have been greeted with another punch in the face.

Now I know how used and downtrodden parents can feel like.

No comments: