Thursday, February 05, 2009

Celebrating little victories

MacKlaine pinged me online is morning.

MacKlaine: Hey, Ficali. Guess what I did last night?
Ficali: Erm. Kung Fu?
MacKlaine: I won a paper plane competition. The prize was a round of drinks and and a yo-yo. This might just be the most glorious thing I've done in 2009.
Ficali: You're right, that is pretty high up there. That must make you pretty popular.

MacKlaine: We were at a pub. I'd sworn off alcohol so I was sipping coke. And then they started a pub quiz so we decided to take part. At the end of the quiz, each team was asked to build a paper plane and we had to stand in a line and all throw them at the quiz master. My plane was a mean machine, it flew the best. So I won a prize.

Ficali: Prize? For the plane?
MacKlaine: The prize was a round of shots, a bitter irony when you've sworn off alcohol. But there was also a yo-yo.
Ficali: You like the yo-yo?
MacKlaine: It has a clip so I can clip it to my waist and walk around. And feel pretty good about myself.

No comments: