Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I have triceps, and they hurt

This weekend I discovered that I have triceps. And learnt that the discovery process was rather painful.

As we drove up to Vermont, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I'd never been cross-country skiing before, and although I was fairly sure it would be beautiful, that expectation of beauty had no clear definition in my mind.

What I hadn't expected was for it to absolutely take my breath away.

Snow as far as the eye could see. A beautiful country inn, nestled amongst hills. Just Delta and me, and woods, and hills, and gorge, and stream (and freshly baked cookies when we got back to the inn).

Cross country skiing itself turned out to be a great deal of fun. Of course, other than the time(s) I optimistically tried to climb steep slopes. And fell face first, kissing the snow. Multiple times.

But all in all, in the clear light of day, I have to put cross country skiing right up there with one of the greatest things I've ever done. Probably not as high as the time I dreamt I was Jason Bourne, but a close second.

No comments: