Thursday, February 19, 2009

Foisted by an asparagus

With Delta's employer privileges, we get to fly stanby for free when we want to travel.

This morning, in preperation for our trip to Italy tonight, we went to the DELTA website to check on updates for standby travellers.

*WARNING* it said.
If you are a standby traveller to Lima, Peru, travel passes will be hard to get. This is asparagus season.

I must have been gawking at the screen in ungainly fashion, because Delta felt obliged to step in. "The planes are carrying asparagus to the US," he explained, "so they're travelling heavy. They try not to let standby passengers on if the weight is too much."

Sounds logical I suppose. And not even like we were planning to go to Peru anyway. But still. If I had been planning a flight to Peru, and if I was kicked off by a stalk of asparagus - well, I think it might have dented my self esteem some.

No comments: