Saturday, January 02, 2010

Welcome, new year

We decided again to have everyone over to ours for new year. A a couple reasons for it, I suppose.

For one, Delta and I quite simply enjoy entertaining. Besides the obvious fun, it gives us a the impetus to do a deep clean of all corners in the home. Last time, we rediscovered 'lost' coins in the sofa, pillow cases in the trunk, a jumper on the window ledge. Who knows what treasures we'll uncover next time we clean.

And for another (perhaps, one could argue, most importantly), it comes as no surprise that New Years Eve always tends to fall on a rather inconveniently cold day. And who wants to be schlepping out of the home in such inclement weather? No, far better to have the party all warm and cosy and safe in your own living room, I say.
The start of the new year is a virtual tabla rasa, which rolls into our lives every 365 days or so. A time for reflection, a time for new resolutions and for turning a fresh page.
But if you're anything like Delta and me, the pressure of such change and self-commitment might just be a bit much to live by (at least beyond the third week of Jan or so). If you're anything like Delta and me, you don't ask for more from New Years than just spending time with friends and family, having a couple glasses of bubbly, and celebrating the year that was.

1 comment:

Verenda Harrt said...

Which one is you? Well anyways Visit my other blog at killingmesweetly.blogspot.com/ I just started it. I know it's pretty bad but just try it out for a spin.
Happy New Years! Lol! I bet I can find 50 bucks in my couch.