Thursday, June 28, 2007

Gullibility

The other day, I was having lunch with Milo at the Cafeteria, when he commented on how lucky we were that we never needed to wait to get seated, considering how busy the restaurant is.

"Knock on wood," I said, I couldn't see any wood around, so I rapped my knuckles on my head.
"You know, if you're a guy saying 'knock on wood' and you can't see any wood around to knock on, it's an acceptable option to scratch your balls instead."
I was taken mortified and appalled. "Ew, you're just being crass," I said, rolling my eyes in disbelief.
"It's true, ask anyone." he insisted.
"No way. I'm not that gullible. You can't just get away with genital-scratching everytime you say 'knock on wood'!"
Milo was non-plussed. "Sure you can. It's totally normal."
"Pah. You just want to make me look like a fool."

I changed the topic.

But later, as I was heading back to the office, I caught myself thinking -

really?

No comments: