Tuesday, June 24, 2008

An Accountant's February

If you've been wondering about my recent bloggerly reticence, it's because this has been the singly busiest month I have ever experienced.

What with this being the "annual review" time of our year at work, it's enough to keep even the slothiest of HR bods on their toes. June is, for HR, the tax Accountant's February. And so I have been scurrying from meeting to meeting, room to room, call to conference call.

On a normal day, those meetings would have been peppered with occasional moments of respite. Jokes cracked in the corridor between colleagues. A quick trip to the kitchen to sneak a bite. Maybe even a 'spaced out' moment of withdrawal into the inner vacuum of my mind. But not this month. Like I said, this month is my Accountant's February.

But lest I leave you with the opinion that my life is all work and no play, let me tell you about our past weekend on the beach. Not now, not here. This post is all about lamenting the current way of my life. This post is all about making sure everyone knows that at the moment, I'm living in an Accountant's February.

Tomorrow, I'll talk about the fun we've also been having along the way.

No comments: