Friday, January 02, 2009

A time for change

"Do you think we'll change out of our PJs today?" Delta asked, catching me off stride just as I was preparing for my third straight day of staying on the couch in PJs.

I mean, isn't that what the holidays are meant to be about? Inertia, gluttony and decrepitude? And, most importantly, day-long PJ allowance?

Sigh.

"Of course we will," I said with forced conviction. "We're going to be wildly active today." Even as I said it, I was flipping through the channels to find a Law and Order marathon.
He shook his head disbelievingly and donned his coat. "Well, I'm off for a walk," he said, heading out the door.

When he returned home an hour later, I'm embarrassed to say, although freshly bathed and sweet scented, I was indeed back in my PJs.
"Banana Republic is having a sale," Delta announced. "Tons of sweaters, you should go check it out."

What?

Good bye, Law and Order. Good bye laptop. I think it's time to get out of my PJs and emerge into the real world.

No comments: