Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Training: Six months to Machu Picchu

Delta: So how's your Machu Picchu training coming along?

Ficali: Good! Yesterday, when I went to the gym, I actually put effort into my biking. You know, I pushed myself. Usually, I just sit on the bike and turn my legs on the pedals in gentle circles as I watch the news, but this time, I actually felt it.

Delta: Erm. Well, at least it's a step in the right direction.

Ficali: I totally think this means I'll be ready for Machu Picchu in time. I mean, just think - just between last week and this, I went from non-effort exercise, to actual exertion. It's a 100% improvement! The world is my oyster.

Delta: How long were you on the bike for?

Ficali: 20 mins.

Delta: How far did you go on the stair climber?

Ficali: Half a mile. Then I almost fell off in an exhausted, entangled pile of limbs.

Delta. Erm. I think we have some work to do yet. Thank gawd it's still a few months away.

No comments: