Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Nine Month Wedding

Its been a fairly crazy few weeks, but as I've long-since learnt, crazy can be a good thing. Perhaps the first thing I need to catch up on is the wedding party that Delta and I had. Yes, finally, almost a year after we actually got married, we had our wedding party.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Getting married for us was like childbirth - it took us nine months before we actually had a finished product wedding. But finally, there we were, friends and family all together, with a party to celebrate. Nothing elaborate, mind - but a party all the same, and (just like any blushing bride would say) one of the happiest days of my life.

With Jenny and Tres offering for us to hold the party at theirs, we had the loveliest loveliest setting we could have ever wanted.


And - with a chance stroke of luck that we rarely experience, after weeks of downpour, the sun reluctantly ventured out on exactly the right day.


So there we were, happy as peas in a pod.


The fam: What with Rohinton and Jeet now living in Bermuda, and the 'rents back in India, it warms my cockles every time I see this picture. (Delta didn't believe 'to warm the cockles' is a phrase so I googled it, and can confirm it's legitimacy.)


My nieces. They eyed Delta funnily for the first two days, until one of them finally burst forth over breakfast, "Why are you dressed like that if you're a pirate?!". She wanted the eye-patch and all. So we had to disappoint her by explaining the difference between 'pirate' and 'pilot'. Sigh.

2 comments:

Tim said...

He he, "a pirate".....that's hilarious!

Ficali McDelta (nee McPipe) said...

I know, right?! They are just too funny.