Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Self Gratification

This morning I woke up in somewhat of a grump.

It might have had something to do with the fact that Queen Jaffa thought it entirely legitimate to wake me up at 5.30 just because she was hungry. I gave her a bit of a talking to, but as is always the case, it was to no avail.

By the time I reached work this morning, I had already been up for a few hours. The first hour at work is normally spent gently shaking off the cobwebs of my sleep-fuzzed mind, so this kind of awakeness came as something of a rude shock. Not to mention I was hot, and bothered, and hungry, and I hadn't even logged into my email yet.

So I snuck into Metro's office and stole his pad of blue post-its, which I'd been coveting for a few weeks now. I mean, why have my yellow post-its (normal) when I could have his blue ones (spesh-ul). So I sneakily helped myself to them. He's on vacation for a week, and you know how it goes. Ya snooze ya lose.

Brought them into my office and put them right there in the middle of my desk where I could gaze at them in admiration and distraction.

And I'm feeling much better now, thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where have u gone?