Thursday, April 29, 2010

Welcome back, Dee

Yesterday, Delta and I caught up with our dear friend Dee.

Dee is, absolutely and without exception, the most accident prone person I know. I kid you not, and I exaggerate only mildly. As she describes it, at some point or another she's broken pretty much every bone in her body. I'd estimate that about every other time I see her, she has a cast on one of her appendages, as a result of one bodily assault or another she has wreaked upon herself. It's tragic almost to the point of being comic.

Last year, we invited her to join us hiking to Machu Picchu, and she said "good gawd no I would kill myself on a mountain!". At that point I had thought she was being ridiculous. Now I know she was only being realistic.

Yesteday, we saw Dee after six months. Six months during which she has been recuperating from a terrible motorbike accident. It was great to have her back again, looking healthy and happy and mended.

Frankly, it was just great to have her back at all.

We love you, Dee. But please remember, with such infallible aptitude for mishap, motorbikes, boats and kitchen knivees should be considered strictly out of bounds.

No comments: