Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The weekend gone by

The past weekend suddenly transpired into an eventful one. What with one of Milo's brothers visiting and the other one celebrating his birthday, Milo was keen that we all go out for a bit karaoke night at Keats. I reached Keats after work to find Milo, his brothers, NC and Dub already situated comfortably at the bar, so it was hugs and introductions all round. Milo's brothers, with their warm smiles and disarming southern charm, instantly endeared themselves to the group. Doobie, Delt and Ilajna joined shortly later, and the evening picked up momentum in ernest.

Before we knew it, Ilajna, Li'l Ben, Middle Evans and I were belting out Sweet Caroline at 4 am and it was closing time. After my charming display of skills on the dance floor, the Evanses started teasing me about my tap dancing steps. I, of course, maintain that they haven't yet developed a taste for things aesthetic.



The next morning, on but a couple of hours sleep, Doobie, Ilajna and I headed out to meet Rohinton and Jeet for brunch. It had been several months since I'd been back to Arsen's, and I revelled in their usual warm welcome and the delicious home-cooked food. A pleasant lunch, a heartening catch-up chat with Rohinton and Jeet, and then Doobie, Ilajna and I headed off to partake in the St. Patrick's Day celebrations.

It wasn't long before we met up with Milo and gang at the entrance of the Madison Bar. Despite the sub-freezing temperatures, Doobie and decided to wear open shoes and no socks. She donned a brave smile, but her feet were turning an unnerving shade of blue. I offered to lend her my gloves for her feet (not quite sure how that would work, but hey its the thought that counts) but she just bestowed upon me a skeptical look. Once finally inside the bar (after MUCH waiting), we proceeded to bring in Middle Evans' birthday with a splurge of eating, dancing, drinking and general merriment.
But before I knew it, I found myself back at Newark Airport, about to embark on a new week, in a new city, and sure to bring with it a host of new stories.

No comments: