Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Weekend in Seattle

A lovely weekend with the Cousin and her hubby in Seattle. Quite an adventure, really, what with their burgeoning zoo of two cats and a dog. Every which way I turned, there was a skulking cat to trip over, a leg-rubbing cat to pet, or an excited dog to be pounced on by. For me, of course, it was a little taste of heaven. Especially when Ol' Macko snuggled up with me in bed (Ol' Macko being the cat, not the Cousin.) Ol' Macko quickly established himself as my pampered favourite (pets are, after all, like children - you're allowed your favourites, right?).

It was a relaxing weekend in Seattle - a warm afternoon in the wineries of Whidbey Island; another lazy, sunny day strolling along the beach; a leisurely lunch gazing out over the Sound to the backdrop of snow-capped Olympic mountains; hot cinnamon rolls at the beachside Alki bakery; peaceful sunset strolls with the dog; evenings of shared wine and familial banter - an entirely new world from my frame of normalcy. It was a glimpse into the Cos' life, and it warmed my heart to see the beauty of it.


No comments: