Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Quick Getaway

A quick getaway from the city never did anyone any harm. So last weekend Delta and I decided to pack our bags and head out to a remote part of the Catskills (strong recommendation for the place, by the way!). So with a lot of plotting and planning and oohing and aahing, and a fair smidgen of gleeful hand-rubbing, we were finally on our way.

Silly Budget gave us a little two-seater sports car, which was so unlike both Delta and myself, that all we could do was gawk and giggle in the initial moments. But as it turned out, it set the tone perfectly for the weekend to follow.

And what a beautiful weekend it was, too. To freshen our urbanised lives, there was boating and hiking. To tan our wintry pallours, we dappled in a bit of biking and tennis. To rest our weary souls, there were large hearths and crackling fireplaces. All in all, an idyllic weekend.


And - oh yes, how could I forget?! - I got to try my hand at driving. I've driven before, of course. And I even have a license. Just that, being as it was a direct conversion of the UK Drivers License, I've always just used it as an ID and never to actually drive. So my first time with the wheel on the other side of the car, driving on the right side of the road, driving an automatic instead of a manual - you know, the works. And (if one were to ignore Delta's occasional yelps), I think I did pretty well. Well, we're both alive to recount the tale anyways.
Don't believe the tense look I have on for the picture - that was, you know - just for the photograph effect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a romantic weekend! You and Delta make a nice couple.

Ficali McDelta (nee McPipe) said...

:)