Friday, March 13, 2009

Starting again, because life should be pretty

You might remember, Delta and I have been held emotionally hostage by Apple for close on six months now, waiting for the launch of the newly redesigned Mac Mini. Well, much to my excitement (and somewhat surprise), this time, Apple actually delivered! A new Mac Mini was launched earlier this month. Delta and I had our 'technology police' (Guster, Metrohom), out scoring the tech blogs for us, so we knew within a matter of hours once the computer had been launched.

Immediately, I rushed to the Apple site.

"Metrohom, there's two versions of the macmini! One's for 599 and the other's 799. Can you look at the specs and tell me the difference?"

So Metrohom diligently looked at all the stuff that's alien to me: GHz and RAM and ROM and other such random acronyms which mean nothing to yours truly. "For what you guys use your computers for, the $599 is absolutely fine for you. You won't notice a difference."

But of course I panicked about what I would miss out if I bought the cheaper one, and so I bought the 799 one anyway. Such are the results of effective marketing.

So now, folks, we have a mac. Which means, like most PC-to-mac users, we dont' know how to transfer our music, or open it once it's transfered, or close it once its opened. And we can't find where all our folders have gone. And we can't figure out where on the computer most of our stuff is. And keep thinking of new functions we don't know how to relearn in this new macworld.

But oh gawd, it's just so pretty.

No comments: