Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Mutual Reassurance Committee

Delta and I have signed up for a 'fundamentals' course in photography at the New York Institute of Photography. We're really excited about it, and photography has become our raison-d'etre in the past month or so. Sometimes we recede into the inner depths of our dorkiness, and just sit on the couch discussing styles and lenses for hours. I shudder to think of what we might do once the course starts and we actually know what we're talking about.

Well, Delta has reason to do this, for he truly has a natural eye for capturing that pulse-quickening picture. I, on the other hand, am banking on this course to arouse in me the wells of untapped artistic potential which I'm convinced exist in the nether regions of my mind.

As we progress through the course (and assumingly improve), I might use this blog to publish a picture of two which we deem worthy of our collective self-admiration. When you see a picture which might resemble such, dear reader, that would be your cue to leave a compliment on the blog.

This way you assure me of my artistic abilities, I assure you of your discerning tastes in art, and there we are, the Mutual Reassurance Committee.

No comments: