Monday, May 12, 2008

Biking New York

What with the mater and pater in town, I haven't had much time to jot my mental rhuminations on ye ol' cyber-pad. Hence the silence here, for more than a week. But fear not, for there's no dearth of stories to relate.

In fact, I can say with much pride that I have survived to regale you with tales of heroism about how we survived the 45-mile 5 Boro Bike Ride. You may recall, in the run up to the ride, I was regarding it with some considerable apprehension. Not without reason, I might add, given that it was some 45 miles longer than I was accustomed to riding. All the same, in a miraculous feat of tenacity, we managed to pull it off.


"We" being Delta, Gus, Jeet and I.
Gus gallantly bringing up the rear, to make sure us ladies didn't get lost in the crowd.
Delta forging ahead, creating a wake for us to ride in.
Jeet and I pedalling furiously in between, interrupted only occasionally by one of us crying out (usually me I must confess), "Wait, let's take a break, I gotta pee."

But in the end, after all, we made it. And can't wait to do it again next year, because this is, I am sure, one of those things that just quickly becomes tradition.

When I say the bike ride was a big event, I kid you not.


Despite all odds, us four muskeeters somehow made it through.




Proud finishers (check out the crowds behind us, make note we aren't last!)

No comments: