Monday, August 25, 2008

The "New iPhone" Look

When I stopped at the fruit stand this morning on the way to work, as I do every Monday morning for my weekly supply of bananas, the fruit man was occupied in playing with something on his phone.

So absorbed, in fact, that I actually had to tap him on his shoulder just to get his attention long enough to actually pay him for the bananas I had just pocketed.

And then, immediately, he was looking back at his phone.

I know that look, I thought to myself. It's the same look that Delta has had all weekend, since he got his new iPhone.

A look of absorbed concentration, mixed with rapture, confusion and sheer ecstasy.
"New phone, huh?" I asked the fruit man, as I handed him the money.
"Yeah!!" he said, beaming, and held up his phone for me to see.

Yep, there it was. The new iPhone.

No comments: