Monday, April 28, 2008

Flowers make girls silly

I was walking by Clarissa's desk at work the other day, and noticed that she had a beautiful bunch of bright roses on her desk.

"Hey! Those are gorgeous! Where'd you get them?" I exclaimed.
"Oh, from a secret admirer."
"Really? Tell me more!"
"No, just kidding. Carmen gave them to me."
"Carmen??!" I glanced over at Carmen, who was sitting with her head bent over her work, just a few desks away.
"Well, I was on vacation last week, and Carmen missed me so much while I was away, that she got me flowers when I got back."
I laughed, "well that's a surprise!"

Carmen never gets me flowers, I thought with a metaphorical pout, as I headed back to my office.

A few minutes later, Clarissa was at my door.
"Hey, you want to keep these flowers?" she asked.
"Why?! Don't you want them?!"
"Yeah, of course I do, but they're giving me a big allergy attack. It's so sad, but I can't have them close to me."

And so it came about that I had this beautiful vase of roses on my desk.

A few minutes later, Metrohom strolled by my office.
"Hey, those are gorgeous! Where'd you get them?!" he asked.
"Oh, you know me. I get these from Delta all the time."
"Really?!"
Sigh.
"Okay fine. So actually Carmen gave them to Clarissa because she missed her while she was on vacation. But then Clarissa gave them to me because she had an allergy attack."
"Not much romance there, is there."
"That's why I told you it was Delta."

"Girls are just silly," and he walked off, shaking his head.

No comments: