Saturday, May 02, 2009

Like boxers in a ring

What with Delta being away for the week, I figured it would be family bonding time for me and Queen Jaffa. So for the past two days, I've been working from home. It's a rather cosy arrangement, actually.

Seated on the couch, feet up on the coffee table, laptop on my lap, purring cat curled up next to me.

Sounds idyllic, right? It was.

That is, until Queen Jaffa suddenly got it into her head that her raison d'etre was to sleep on my laptop keyboard. And no other place was acceptable. All attempts at negotiation (belly rubbing) and bribery (nibbles) failed. She was having none of it, she wanted the keyboard and that was that.

Now, a colonizing attitude like that can end in nothing but grief.

And so it comes to be, that after two days together, Queen Jaffa and I have taken to sitting, like boxers in a ring, at opposite corners of our room, with our backs to each other.

No comments: