Sunday, September 30, 2007

Training for the big day

I flop on the bed in an unwield pile of exhaustion.

Over the past two days, Jeet and I began our biker training program in earnest. Similar to how in high school I used to cram for my exams in the last two days, Jeet and I have only now decided to raise the notch on our biking training.

The bike tour is in two weeks, and we were feeling somewhat unprepared - which is unsurprising, given that we hadn't really done much biking in the last couple of months. So over the past two days, we decided to wipe the dust off our bikes and really test our mettle. Yesterday it was on the bike path around the island, all the way up to 125th street and then back down the west side to the tip and up the east side till we got home. Today it was a loop of Central Park before we hit the bike path.

Which brings me to where I am now. A definite sense of accomplishment. A weary elatedness. But most of all, an unwieldy pile of exhaustion.

No comments: