Saturday, August 27, 2005

Little indulgences

Two things I'm really into at the moment:

- The dress I found for P&P's wedding. As often as I can, I put it on and stand in front of the mirror, twirling and pirouetting and tossing my head coquettishly. I know it's childish and silly and vain and ridiculously un-me. But I just can't stop myself.

- A new headset/mic that I bought so I can speak to JC on skype. Wearing it as I walk around the apartment makes me feel like Madonna. I'm so thrilled with it I didn't even feel stupid when the long wire trailing behind me got caught in the door jamb and jerked my head back just like in the cartoons ("I can't talk to you when you look like that," said Jeet, shaking her head).

Inihtar, maybe this will answer your question about why I don't have time to do laundry and cleaning at the same time... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Playing dress-up when I'm at home alone, acting silly in front of the mirror, singing at the top of my voice while pretending to be on stage. Silly, yes. Fun? - DEFINITELY! Twirl away, Ficali!!

Anonymous said...

Do you feel like Madonna because when she dances on stage during her concerts, she has the headset on? If so, you should also put on her conical bras, fishnet stockings and wear leather underwear. At least that was the Madonna of the Vogue days.

Then let Jeet try and have a conversation with you. Just tell her, "Jeet, don't preach, I'm in love with him."

Caveman.