Sunday, April 09, 2006

Admissions

"Erm, Seagull?"

Questionning glance.

"Remember when I sprained my knee when we were skiing? And was hobbling around for a few days?"

Nod.

"And you told me to take a couple of Alleve and it would sort out the problem? And I refused because I don't like taking painkillers? So you explained that it was an anti-inflammatory as well, and that most skiers take it to relieve their aches and pains, but I was being a stubborn idiot and insisted I knew better? And you argued with me for a bit but then realised how pointless it is to argue with me when I get something stuck in my head, so you left me be?"

Nod.

"Well, as much as it irks me to lose an argument, and disturbs all my sensibilities to think I might have been wrong, I have to admit that you were right. I finally gave in and had one the other day. And it sorted out my knee right away. So, erm, thanks."

Chuckle.

"Look here, mister, there's no need to laugh is there? Just because, as it turned out this time, you were right. You know how difficult it is for me to admit I'm wrong. Especially if it means conceding that you were right."

Grin.

"And I'm only confessing this on the condition that you don't dredge up this admission in future arguments with any bearing whatsoever."

Smirk.

"Gah. Is there even a point!"

No comments: