Saturday, April 01, 2006

Just like Betty Crocker. Or Jamie Oliver. Or the Iron Chef. Or whoever.

Lately I've been indulging in culinary experimentation. Last week the urge to cook something totally new took over my mind with a restlessness such that there was really no choice but to succumb.

So much so that on Wednesday I almost had to leave work early to rush home and make some Soba noodles with pakchoi and sesame. And then Thursday I was taken over by the sudden and irresistible urge to make couscous with lemon and peppers. Today it's little salmon and spinach filo parcels.

Where am I thinking up these dishes from? I have no idea. Don't even have a clue about the recipes until I actually start throwing vegetables into the frying pan, trying to affect an air of deliberate randomness.

But I'm loving this new ability to manifest my creativity and expressiveness through my cooking! It's fun. It helps make the house a home. It helps put the bread on the table. And most importantly, I have, in my loyal roommates, two willing, encouraging (and frankly flattering) subjects on whom to bestow the results.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember having turkey burger sandwiches with sweet chilli sauce for breakfast? Now there's culinary experimentation...

Ficali McDelta (nee McPipe) said...

OMG OMG OMG MUST you remind me?!!!

~FMP

Inihtar said...

You can invite me ANYTIME!!

Ficali McDelta (nee McPipe) said...

Well if you actually STAYED with us.... :)

~FMP