Sunday, July 17, 2005

Grey-Blue Sunday

Today is a grey-blue Sunday.
A snuggle-on-the-couch-and-watch-a-movie day.
A read-in-a-cafe-and-watch-the-rain -trickle-down-window-panes day.

I love the summer rain. It transports me back to all my London days. And the tropical monsoons of my childhood. Rainy days are legitimately nostalgic days.

During a brief hiatus between showers, I went out for a quick jog. Everything smelt fresh and earthy - the grass was a bright, almost unnatural shade of green, the flowers, laiden with raindrops, looked fresh and rejuvenated. Even the buildings looked cleaner, the rain has washed the dust away and given Manhattan a new face. I took in deep breaths, and absorbed the feeling of being connected to the Earth. The air was charged with an electric current that filled me with a trill of anticipation.

And the new Harry Potter has just come out, so I'm excited about some fun reading. I'm not as involved in Harry Potter as I used to be when the books first came out - but still, I'm connected enough that I want to continue reading them. Personally, I prefer The Northern Lights Trilogy, by Philip Pullman. I've never read story that drew me into its world like this did.

But for the moment, I'm looking forward to curling up in bed with some HP.

No comments: