Wednesday, July 20, 2005

In competition with the Bar

Bups is currently studying for the New York Bar. He reads it he reads, writes, speaks, lives and breathes law at the moment.

I have to compete with American law for some time and attention. What's a gal got to do to get some attention nowadays. We make it a point to eat dinner together everyday. Between my work and his studies, I'm afraid its alternating between Chinese takeaway, pizza and paninis at the moment. Between bites of salubrious dinner, he recites random laws.

I now know, for instance, one partner's inability to have sex is legitimate grounds to ask for a divorce in New York. And that owning a building could also include owning some of the air surrounding the building. Scintillating.

Boy, I have some tough competition, thank god the bar's in five days.


2 comments:

Ficali McDelta (nee McPipe) said...

It's grounds for annulment, not divorce. You never listen to me!
"Bups" (I'm not sure I approve of this being my name on you blog. Couldn't make me dashing and south American, call me Juan Carlos).

Anonymous said...

tee hee, but look up salubrious